Can a Referee’s decision be appealed against?

A party who is dissatisfied with the Referee’s decision may, within 14 days from the date of the decision, appeal against the decision by filing a Notice of Appeal with IAC and paying the requisite fee. If, after reviewing the written grounds of decision and the transcript of the Referee hearing, the party decides to proceed with the appeal, he has to submit a Petition of Appeal together with other prescribed documents within 21 days. The appeal is heard by the President of the Court, whose decision is final and conclusive.


Last updated: 04 March 2018