Certification of Collective Agreement (CA)
A CA filed with the IAC is certified once the Court ascertains that it:
- complies with the Industrial Relations Act and other labour laws such as the Employment Act;
- meets the requirements for a legally binding document; and
- sets out adequately the terms of the agreement between the parties.
The IAC may refuse to certify a CA if:
- the above conditions are not met; or
- the Court is of the view that it is not in the public interest that the CA be certified.