Applying for Arbitration

Where an employer and a union have failed to resolve a dispute with regard to employment, non-employment or terms and conditions of employment after extensive discussion and negotiation, they should seek conciliation assistance from the Ministry of Manpower. If this is not successful, they may refer the dispute to IAC for arbitration. Alternatively, before coming to IAC, the parties may wish to make another attempt to resolve the dispute with the help of a mediator engaged through the Singapore Mediation Centre (, which is a non-profit organisation guaranteed by the Singapore Academy of Law.