Variation of a CA

Quick Facts
  • Fees:$20
  • Processing Time: 2 Weeks (if no amendments required)

When can a CA be varied?

The provisions in a certified CA which is still in force may be set aside or changed to remove ambiguity or uncertainty, or to conform with the terms of a Court award made after the commencement of the CA, or where both parties agree to the change.

How can a CA be varied?

The employer or/and union may lodge an application for variation of the CA with IAC using the prescribed form and on payment of the prescribed fee of $20. Where the CA has been in force for less than 18 months, the application has to be accompanied by an affidavit setting out the circumstances giving rise to the variation application.

This section deals with applications for variation submitted jointly by the employer and the union. Where only one party seeks to make the variation, without the agreement of the other party, the application will be dealt with as a dispute. Details on how disputes are dealt with can be found in the section 'Mediation & Arbitration'.